I need a new rider. —Snacktime
(PS They don’t actually talk about truffle fries in the interview, which is even funnier. Whitehead, you dog!)
Full-time position sourcing seasonal ingredients for two restaurants in New York City.
Responsibilities are to:
• Know the products available at the Union Square Greenmarket (season, source, price, quality, availability).
• Meet with the Chef and cooks regularly to discuss the changes and availability of Greenmarket products.
• Research the source and availability of any ingredient the kitchen expresses interest in.
• Take orders every market morning, communicate what’s available/new that day, make purchases, and transport produce back to each restaurant.
• Sort invoices and check for price changes for all food products coming into the restaurant.
• Check the quality of all food delivered to the restaurant each morning.
• Take a weekly inventory of all food products in the restaurant.
• Buy and organize the repair of kitchen equipment.
• Cost out recipes when necessary and keep track of weekly food cost.
• Record the quantities of each food product coming into the restaurant each week.
A year-long commitment is preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No word on if you actually have to sniff out truffles, but it can’t hurt if that’s on your resume. Thanks tipster! —Snacktime